The Bike Stand's Frame Preparation
There is always some deviation in all the setups we do. Aluminum frames are for the most part much cleaner and need a lot little less preparation work done on them. But all the steel frames get this full 17-point check done on them by Steven Willis.
- Check the work order.
- Put frame on alignment table and check frame alignment.
- Measure the inside of the seat tube for seat post size.
- Clean up or ream to fit
- Install Park's frame holder in frame to mount in work stand
- Align rear frame drop outs.
- Clean and tap out rear derailleur hanger
- Clean and tap out bottom bracket threads
- Face bottom bracket shell.
- Tap out water bottle bosses.
- Clean and tap out shift lever bosses.
- Face head tube.
- Put Fork in fork jig and align.
- Clean and cut fork crown race.
- Clean and cut fork threads if it has any.
- Align fork tips.
- Mark off on work order.
This work can be checked or done on your bike too. So if you got any question about your own frame or want to buy a frame drop us a line at The Bike Stand or come on down to The Bike Stand and we will try and help you.
Go back to our home page any time.